Monday, January 30, 2006

Control Panel



The control panel layout is complete. After getting the right drill bit for the buttons (1 1/8"), I finished the layout. It is designed with one player in mind. I think I will have a wireless USB controller for 2 player fun, since 95% of the time, I will be playing this alone or playing games player 1 and 2 rotate using the stick.

I am still undecided about the trackball, which will sit on the right. If I get one, it will go as shown in the picture. If I decide not to use one, I will move the joystick and buttons back to center. It is very tight with the trackball, but I really want to be able to play Centipede and Missle Command.

I wonder if I can get a spinner in there as well? Tempest just isn't the same without a spinner. This all has to fit in a 24" x 8" control panel.

I am still missing a few buttons. I need an EXIT button, PAUSE button, and CREDIT button. I also want to change the color of the buttons to match the Neo-Geo layout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home